Change the World

>> Friday, June 16, 2006

If I could reach the stars I'd pull one down for you
Shine it on my heart so you could see the truth
That this love I have inside is everything it seems
But for now I find it's only in my dreams

That I can change the world
I would be the sunlight in your universe
You will think my love was really something good
Baby if I could change the world


--"Change the World" by Eric Clapton

I remember an essay I wrote some years ago for my Creative Writing 101 class in the University of the Philippines. In that essay, I declared my life’s mission, which is, to quote: “to be a writer, to wield a pen as an attempt at manifesting strength and wisdom, to paint a view of the world with colors of my own creation. I want to write seriously, not just for fun, as I had used to. I want to communicate my ideas and be respected for them.” As much as the desire to write burns deep inside of me, it actually took me years to get the courage to actually write.

Why do writers write what they write? Basically it is to communicate their thoughts and insights to those who would care enough to read. If there is one person out there who could be swayed to see the world the way the writers view it, then the writer has achieved his or her purpose. It only takes one to influence others, and influence grows exponentially. Influence eventually leads to change.

But one does not have to be a writer to be able to change the world. Sometimes, a simple question is all it takes. On September 9, 2006, 112 thinkers from all over the world will gather in Berlin for dropping knowledge. They are still seeking question donations at their website.

Please take the time to visit dropping knowledge. Sometimes, a question is all it takes.

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP